Harm Reduction and Family
This training provides participants with a comprehensive understanding of harm reduction and its practical application in daily life. Faculty explore how harm reduction relates to reducing stigma and effective parenting techniques, as well as how participants can shift their focus towards a harm reduction model. Participants will also gain useful tools, tips, and programs to incorporate into their practice. By the end of the training, participants will be equipped to make informed decisions, create inclusive environments, and support positive change while minimizing harm.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Give an overview of the principles of harm reduction and how it applies to daily life.
- Describe the connection between harm reduction and reducing stigma.
- Describe the relationship between harm reduction and effective parenting techniques.
- Identify ways to incorporate a harm reduction approach to activities and relationships in your life.
- Identify useful tools, tips, and programs that you can apply in your practice.
- Carolina Diaz
Harm Reduction Manager for the Syringe Exchange Program
- Elizabeth Wright
Harm Reduction Supervisor for the Syringe Exchange Program