Beyond Borders: Mapping HCV Care Challenges in DC and Across the Nation
This module provides a comprehensive exploration of hepatitis C (HCV) transmission, prevention, and treatment. Participants will review demographics of high-risk populations, learn about the revolutionary impact of direct-acting antivirals (DAAs), and evaluate strategies for universal HCV testing in reducing transmission rates and improving public health outcomes.
At the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Analyze Hepatitis C demographics to identify hidden patterns and target high-risk populations effectively.
- Describe the revolutionary impact of direct-acting antivirals (DAAs) on Hepatitis C treatment outcomes.
- Explain the significance of universal HCV testing in reducing transmission rates and enhancing public health outcomes.
- Discuss the rationale behind universal HCV treatment and its role in reducing disease burden.
- Navigate simplified HCV treatment guidelines and apply them to patient-centered approaches.
- Evaluate strategies for treating and preventing HCV transmission, focusing on high-risk populations and overcoming barriers to care.
Please note that continuing education credits are not available for this module.